19.8.12

Make-up Bag Must-haves

I feel that a everyday make-up bag says a lot about a girl. Different foundations, mascaras, eye shadows can differentiate between a girl being confident, a girl being shy or self concious or a girl wanting to be seen! Lets admit we've all had a wrong-side-of-the-bed day (some more than others!) I must be honest my everyday make-up bag can change day-by-day, hand-in-hand with my mood. When I'm in a good mood, my make-up and products seem to be so much more cheerful and bright, although when I'm in a bad mood I just like to get my make-up on and that be the end of it, not really taking as much notice as to what products I'm using. 

I thought I'd do an everyday make-up bag post because being an inquisitive female means I enjoy nosey-ing into what's other peoples bags so I thought you would too. Firstly before jumping right in, I just thought I'd give you a background on my skin type and what type of make-up makes me feel most confident, I have very oily/greasy skin which is difficult to get under control, also this results in me having quite a high percentage of icky acne and blackheads on my face therefore I wish to have a full coverage, matte foundation routine. 

Tedious long blog posts about the inns and outs of each and every product in make-up bags quite frankly bore me and I know it would bore you too. So I'm just going to select a fair few favourites and give them an honourable mention, they deserve it having to put up with my terrible skin and make-up mood swings and miss-happenings! 

L'Oreal True Match Foundation (Rose Vanilla C2)
Now this isn't something that has found itself into my make-up bag recently, I used this foundation (now re-packaged) before I even new what a foundation really was! Now I'm not going to tell you a bunch of fibs when I was younger I was never a pro at applying make-up and that never changed until I began to educate myself on what was a bargain and what I actually needed! (i.e. not buying foundations for dry skin) Needless to say my relationship with this foundation has been on and off for the past 3 years making it a true staple in my collection and giving it a well earned spot in my everyday bag.

Boujois "Chocolate" Bronzing Powder (52)
A bronzing powder that looks like a piece of chocolate? How cute! I love this product. This is another product I've used for a very long time and that has been a repurchase This scrumptious little treat not only looks delicious, but applies sufficiently too! Now I'm not going to lie (I have no reason to) this product isn't amazingly pigmented (look towards a bronzer such as the Sleek Contour Kit for that) but overall it has blessed me with some amazing, usually non existent cheek bones these past few months which is exactly what I hope for. 

Urban Decay Naked Palette (First) 
I feel that this is one of them products that is spoken about almost too often in the world of beauty vloggin' and bloggin' but it really is a true staple for anyone to use. Now specifically this palette does not actually 
 fit in my make-up bag but it is something I use everyday if it was too! I take this palette everywhere and I truly love it. I don't look like I've been punched in the eye (did when I was younger) and the shadows are so easy to apply flawlessly. This is also a favourite of my mums! That's saying something, she's a tough cookie to crack in terms of make-up. 

Benefit They're Real! Mascara (Black)
Penultimately is this little darling! The wand on this little baby is phenomenal, I honestly can say, hand on my heart this is the best mascara I've ever used and yes, it does make my lashes look false! In a good way! This is an amazing mascara and worth every penny I spent on it. It doesn't smudge making me look like I have been dragged through a hedge backwards and it stays on all day! 5 STARS. Definite make-up bag must-have.

Miss Sporty Perfect Colour Lipstick (Bubblegum) 
Lippy time! Now this is a lovely bright orange colour for happy days. This is in my make-up bag as my more leant towards "bright option" for when I aren't thinking the full world is against me! This lipstick is really pigmented and really cheap. Most definite favourite for summer and definitely has connotations of happiness! This bright little number has definitely earned its stripe. 


So there you have it a few of my revolutionary favourites taking me from dreadful to somewhat approachable. I hope you enjoyed this post. What are your fave's in your make-up bag? Let me know!

Lots of love...
Al xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment