1.9.12

Gel-Cream Perfection


I might appear to be a little late on the bandwagon for these but non the less they're still an a-maz-ing product as far as I'm concerned. Nipping to do the food shopping today with the mother and bro (after being forced into attending the public swim and surrounded by too many under ten year olds) I thought I deserved a little treat! My eyeshadow base momentarily is quickly coming to an end which absolutely guts me because I know its discontinued (Avon color trend collection cream eyeshadow in peach cream) so I'm definitely on the hunt for a new one. Surprisngly that hunt has quickly come to a halt due to my discovery of this product, the Maybelline colour tattoo 24hr gel-cream eyeshadow (on and on bronze). Honestly the colour of this compared to my old-faithful base is completely different, I mean its not bright green or anything, evidently its bronze but compared to my peachy/pinky shimmery (look at something like Urban Decay's "sin" for reference although now I'm more going towards "smog") base before its a bit of a change! We all love change... Right?!


Again in comparison to my many beauty miss happenings even purchasing an eyeshadow base is a huge step in make-up for good old me. If you'd have asked me 2 years ago what a primer or a blending brush was, I would have looked at you like you were stupid! So definitely even getting a cream shadow/primer is a huaaaaaage step. 

In all honesty, I already adore this product. It really is like a tattoo and the swatch I put on my hand in the shop, had to be scrubbed off with my make-up remover when I got home, which for me will sit well for nights out. This product has actually taken place of all others regarding eye shadows at the moment, just popping this into my bag and with a slick of liquid eye liner, seems to do me just fine. 

What eye shadows or bases have you been using lately? Let me know!

Lots of love... 
Al xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment